In order to live a free and untrapped life where you can pursue your dreams you need to identify what it is that is trapping you in your current existence.
Life is full of extra curricular events that we latch on to and sign up to for enhancement, but often we get trapped by the very things we think will make our life better.
- We watch television in a bid to relax at the end of the day
- we need the latest equipment to watch the TV on and buy it on credit
- we sign up to the gym to make ourselves fitter
- We help out at our kids school events
- we want more spare cash so we sign ourselves up to cheap tarrifs on our bills so we can get reduced price if we commit to a year or two of being a customer
Now some of these things I’ve just mentioned might seem obvious. Getting something on credit traps you into a payment plan and generally isn’t all that great an idea. But helping at school events? Going to the gym? Aren’t these good things?
Here’s the thing. Only you can decide what is a trap or what isn’t. What traps you in your existence might be the one thing that drives someone else and provides immense value in their life.
You already know you want to make a change. Your life needs evaluated, you need to know what you should switch off from. You need to look at what makes you feel guilty if you don’t do it – anything that makes you feel negative may be trapping you and not enabling you to move forward. What sucks your time away, what sucks your money away?
You don’t need to cut everything off at once if you don’t need to. But aim to free yourself of negative, time sucking activities and I’m confident you’ll have the space in your life to devote to your passions.